Friday, February 1, 2008

Karate Kid



Dan and I were talking in the kitchen while I was making lunch (this was last week) and we somehow started talking about the Karate Kid. I asked him if when he was a kid if he ever imitated the kick after the movie. We started joking around about it and at the same time (I turned towards him) we started lifting our arms like graceful birds and lifted one leg slowly upward and then we both hopped to the opposite foot and KICKED out. Well needless to say I collided my foot into his shin and I totally busted my toe! It was my middle toe on my left foot. I crashed to the ground and was laughing so hard and in pain at the same time. Dan was laughing too and trying to see if I was okay. We're such nerds sometimes!

We had a snowstorm yesterday. The roads were incredibly icy! I witnessed one car accident, and I talked to someone today who had witnessed two. I think some people here just don't know how to drive in conditions like this. I have been broken out of the world of spring-like weather. (Spring-like for Utah anyway). I keep thinking it's later in the year than it actually is. It's really nice to have milder winters. The wind can be very cutting at times, but I'll trade it for bitter cold anytime! Some people express surprise when I complain about the cold because I've experienced colder weather. What can I say? I'm a baby.
Emilie has been battling allergies and ear infections over the winter. I hope that she doesn't have to have tubes put in her ears. Hopefully the Claritin will work. Ashton has learned to climb up on chairs in the past week or so. He loves to climb up to Dan's work desk and push the buttons on his computer. Em and Ashton love to run around and make loud noises. They chase each other through the house. Em will climb into Ashton's crib in the morning and get him dressed for the day. She'll play with him and then she'll find something for herself to eat. All this goes on while Dan sleeps. Em is a great big sister, and Ashton loves her.

We are enjoying our church calling as sunday school teachers of the 12-14 year-olds. There is one boy and the rest are girls. I think he feels slightly outnumbered, and would probably be very uneasy if it weren't for Dan! They're a great group!

Well that's it for now.

No comments: