Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sunshine in February

I'm still waiting for it to be truly winter here! February has been a fairly pleasant month. Today it's supposed to hit 62. I am planning on doing some running outside this week while I can. I don't mind the milder winters here. I did experience some home sickness this week when I looked out over the mountainless landscape of Oklahoma. I look forward to the mountains of Utah again.

I've read recently that Oklahoma is on the top 10 list for weight problems. I can understand why. There's not much to do recreationally unless it's at a restaurant. I have to say there are a lot of parks and green space so I do have to admit that I enjoy that!

March brings in the severe weather month. We've only heard about the phenomenal storms that pass through. This past Sunday we discussed emergency preparedness for Family Home Evening. Emilie was quite unsettled after we were done discussing it and so we comforted her.

I turn 28 on Saturday. Years have just gone by leaps and bounds since I graduated from high school. Ten years. It's hard to believe. I don't feel old and venture to guess that it would take a lot for me to feel aged!

This past Valentine's day was a lot of fun! I made a homemade Valentine coloring book for Em and a heart-shaped cookie out of the cookie dough that Dan made (he makes the BEST cookies). Dan gave the kids identical lovey dogs which just varied in color. Em loves it and Ashton isn't really old enough to appreciate. That's okay though. It's still fun! Dan gave me a giftcard to Cottonwood Spa (very nice) meant for a 1.5 hour massage, so I'm excited about that! I made Dan a homemade spa coupon book wherein I will be the one to massage along with some candy and massage oil. No need to say what we both like! It was very pleasant. Low key.

Dan is incredibly busy with school right now. He does really well on keeping up with things. I think this will be his busiest semester. I am hoping to start school in the fall at UCO. I've been accepted so now I have to meet with an advisor. I would like to enter in the Mass Communications department and do their Photographic Arts emphasis. It has all the classes that I would want to take so I'm going to hope that it all works out!

Oh and here is a picture of Emilie in her "100 Days" celebration hat from school. :-)

No comments: